Electrical Safety Training
ZMAC Electrical Safety can provide your employees 2018 NFPA-70E based Electrical Safety training.
Each training session is typically 3 to 4 hours in length depending on participant interaction.
The training sessions will be configured according to the customer's needs. Non-Electrical worker training can be included if requested. A handout and certificate of completion will be provided.
Note that ZMAC representative will review site specific conditions with client representative(s) as requested while on site. This may include one lines, completed arc flash studies, NFPA-70E compliance, PPE strategies, electrical room condition, planned electrical upgrades, etc.
- Electrical hazards
- Arc flash facts
- Codes, standards, and regulations
NFPA 70E Safe Work Practices:
- Host employer
- Contract employer
- Training requirements
- Qualified versus unqualified workers
- Electrical Safety Program (ESP)
- Job briefing
- Test instruments and equipment
- Ground fault circuit interrupters
- Electrically safe work condition
- De-energize and isolate (LOTO)
- Energized work
- Energized electrical work permit
- Shock hazard boundary
- Arc flash protection boundary
- Arc flash hazard analysis
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- PPE usage requirements
- Insulated tools and equipment
- Alerting techniques
- Equipment labeling
Videos to be Presented:
- Actual arc flash events captured on surveillance video
- Arc-rated apparel manufacturer testing
- Actual accident recovery video "Donnie's Accident"